Wednesday, September 30, 2009

"Scrumptious!!"

My little two year old used the word "Scrumptious," today!! We were sitting on the couch eating some popcorn and Hailey turned to me and said, " This popcorn is scrumptious mommy." What!?! I started laughing and so she asked me why I was laughing at her. I told her she was so smart. Now that is a big word not only for a two year old, but I can't remember the last time I used it, so I can't take credit for it either. Let me explain. About a month ago I was cleaning my kitchen and Hailey was watching Sesame Street in the living room. The word of the day was scrumptious. They had Jessica Alba holding up various foods and saying how scrumptious they were. I didn't think much of it until today when she said it. (That is how I knew what she was saying.) I am so proud of my smart little girl!!
Hailey is constantly making me laugh. This last week our family night lesson was on being honest and obeying our parents. We would ask her a question and she pulls this face...
This is her thinking face. Then she would say, "I have an idea!" She would then tell us some random story about a frog and then showed us how a frog jumps. We would ty to get her to focus again and she acted all into the lesson, we would then ask her another question. Again she perks up, " I have an idea!!" only to continue telling us about this frog. Does anyone have any good FHE lessons suitable for a 2 year old? I went to Deseret Book and got a book on FHE geared towards kids, I hope she will like it.

Hailey had a blast a couple weeks ago at her cousin Desiree's Superhero themed birthday party. The kids were asked to dress up as their favorite superhero. Hailey is loving the princesses right now so we didn't have any superhero anything. I procrastinated finding a costume until the morning of the party so I was searching for anything that would work. Thus the creation of...Super Elmo!!

We created our own little superhero. Hailey stayed in her costume all afternoon, it was so cute!!

This is my little future missionary!! This is a random picture but it was so cute I had to post it.

2 comments:

  1. Your kids are getting so BIG!! Nathanial was invited to a superhero birthday party and we didn't have anything for him to wear so he went as "Clark Kent". Jaden is adorable, I love his cheeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! Jayden is getting so big!!! Time flies doesn't it!!??

    ReplyDelete